Senior Assurance Manager
DDI: (04) 496 5588
Minnie is an experienced risk and the assurance specialist with over 18 years of experience in the New Zealand Public Service. She is certified in Management of Risk Practitioner level. She also holds membership to the Institute of Internal Auditors New Zealand and the Associated Certified Fraud Examiners USA.
Minnie specialises in: probity assurance and advice (real-time and retrospective), risk management principles, reviews of procurement and contract management processes, project assurance, financial systems and business process mapping, analysis and improvement opportunities, and internal audits.
Minnie’s career highlights with respect to probity, procurement, internal audits and project assurance include (but not limited to):
- Led and co-led as a probity advisor/ auditor on a number of procurements and/or programme of works for various central and local government agencies, district health boards, state owned enterprises, crown entities and tertiary organisations
- Led a comprehensive review of a Central Government Department’s centralised procurement and contract management process
- Appointed as an independent observer and representative of the Chief Executive’s Office of a central government Department’s Procurement Policy Development Working Group
- Led and peer reviewed a variety of financial and operational audits within the various government agency’s Internal Risk and Assurance Functions
- Developed and implemented modern internal audit methodologies, practices and standards that aligned to the International Professional Practices Framework from The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Prior to internal audit roles at central government agencies, employed by Audit New Zealand in external assurance services.